Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

How Much Water Am I Using?

The class is H2O or Water. This is a STEAM course. My poster is intended to show that in the U.S. we use more water per person on a daily basis than some poor areas of the world. When I was calculating my total sum of water per day, I was very surprised at how much I was using. What I learned in class is that water is rare. That we have to conserve water. I was really proud of how I calulated my sum. 

AA. How Much Water am I Using Bus Ad. (2015)


For hygiene 30 gallons 30%, drinking/food 10 gallons 10%, laundry 20 gallons 20% and cleaning 20 gallons 20%. The country I looked up for comparison to see how many gallons of water they use per person is Uganda. The average person in Uganda uses 10 gallons of water per day. In Uganda the amount of water used for food and drinking was the same amount as me, 10 gallons. Overall I use about 70 gallons per day more then they do. It would take me to 2 hours and 4 minutes to carry water from the nearby water source. In the USA there are 550 gallons of water use per average person per day. If I had to do that before school and after school I would take 4 hours and 8 minutes. I would have to cut down or do my homework earlier. If I did this every day I would take 64 trips for one morning. If the USA uses 525 more gallons than Uganda we could cut down on taking showers and we could give the extra water to a many families in Uganda. If we compare the water usage around the world, in places where there is an abundance of water they use too much. In other places that barely have any and they don’t get much. Many people use too much in the USA and others places. If we don’t take 30-minute showers or use water to give plants food and just let the rain feed them we would save much water. We can use the extra of water and give it to other places that need it more. The blue line on the map above stretches from the USA Uganda.

Sources:








"Average Water Use Per Person Per Day." Average Water Use Per Person Per Day. Web. 17 Sept. 2015.



"File:Map of USA with State Names.svg." - Wikimedia Commons. Web. 17 Sept. 2015.



No comments:

Post a Comment